Take a look at the shocking remarks from Ma Ying-jeo to the Shijou tribe people:
More details about this clip: please visit VivaTaiwan TV
Fast forward to 7:24, you will hear Ma said to the tribe's people:
“你既然來到我們的城市, 就是我們的人. 你來到台北就是台北人.我把你當人看, 我把你當市民看. 要好好的把你教育, 好好的提供機會給你. 我覺得應該這樣子做, 所以我覺得原住民的心態, 要從那個地方調整. 我來到這個地方, 我就要照這個地方的游戲規則來玩”
"You've come to our city and that makes you our people. You are in Taipei so you are Taipei citizens. I am treating you like human beings. I am treating you like citizens. I make an effort to educate you, offer you opportunities. I think it's how it should be. So I feel that for the aboriginals, you should adjust your mentalities. You've come to this place and you will play it by the rules here."
At 06:16, Ma also said:
It's not (aboriginals') genes the problem, it's opportunities.
- as if aboriginals were human being to begin with.
- aboriginals need to be educated? such arrogance!
- they are the 'aboriginals' hence they existed on this island way before you, Mr. Ma. now tell me who came to who's place?
- who makes the rule? and the rule is to build banks along all other sections of the neighborhood but only skip the Shijou section?
- It's not a "gene" problem... ok, don't even know where to begin on this one.
- more later, maybe....
http://shijou.blogspot.com/ 溪洲部落後援會網址 副站
Taipei Times Editorial: Aborigines should respond to Ma